A multinational mobile telecommunication company, operating in African and Middle East countries, with in excess of 200 million subscribers across its operations.
The Business Challenge
- To comply to regulatory requirements while at the same time enhancing customer experience.
- The customer needed an automated billing model for their prepaid market to be available in near real time.
- Establish big data capabilities within the organisation while addressing the above requirements.
A Big Data solution was designed, developed and implemented to provide a performant, scalable, cost effective and robust solution.
As a foundation, a Big Data integration framework, a Hadoop data lake and a scalable NoSQL data store was delivered to address current and future needs.
The Value Proposition
- The return on investment for the project was twofold, improving customer experience while at the same time meeting industry regulatory requirements
- Customer Experience increased with on-demand access to call records.
- Industry regulatory requirements were met while at the same time a foundational Big Data competency was established to a enable the client to meet future requirements.
Hortonworks Data Platform, Hortonworks Data Flow, HBase, Spark, Python, Hive, HDFS, Microservices (REST APIs)
No posts were found.